The spring semester is well upon on and our normal weekly routine is finally set.
The trick is to keep life fresh by spicing up your week with something new. DC is always poppin’ off with things to do. Here’s a short list of this week’s winners handpicked just for you.
Gear up for the impending winter Olympics or practice some self-care. Whatever you do, do something new this week.
Side note, if you like what you see join our weekly newsletter. It’ll help you look like the smart friend for once.
1) Celebrate Chinese New Year: Start the year of the Dog off right at the American Art Museum. Activities include origami lessons, lantern making, and performances by international artists. – more info
2) Free Screening of Last men in Aleppo: With the score of 100% on the Tomatometer there’s no reason not to stop by and watch this Oscar Nominated Film (Best Documentary). – more info
3) Metta Meditation Session @ The White House: Gain a little clarity at this weekly meditation session outside the white house. It’s on as long as weather permits. – more info
4) Fill Your Bag @ Fia’s Fabulous Finds: Grab tons of new threads for $20 at Fia’s. They’ll give you a bag and you can take home whatever you can fit in there. Starts at 11am sharp. – more info
5) Beyonce Brunch @ Commissary DC: Celebrate Queen B with your favorite other B – brunch. Commissary DC is making this possible with an all Beyonce Brunch. – more info
6) Cupid’s Undie Run: Get some exercise in while scantily clad at the DC chapter of this nationwide run. Who knows, you may just meet your new valentine here. – more info
7) Winter Beer Olympics @ Dirty Water: Celebrate the beginning of the Winter Olympics by participating in some Olympics of your own. Bring an entire team or join as a free agent, just make sure to come thirsty. – more info
8) Celebrate Mardi Gras DC Style: DC is known for having some of the best Mardi Gras parties outside of the Pelican State. Dress up and get ready to get down at this Chinatown Bar Crawl. – more info
9) Dance The Night Away With Steve Aoki: With Steve Aoki, Desiigner, and more Echostage is the place to be this Saturday. Make sure to fuel up beforehand because every night at Echostage is a late night. – more info
10) Learn something new at Intro UX Classes: If you’re interested in web development or design than this User Experience class is for you! Take 2 hours on Saturday Morning and learn new skills that are more important today than ever. – more info