Winter break is almost here, but that means you’re about to leave your DC family for a month.
Sure, you can spend your time between finals “study with friends,” but you know won’t get anything done. We’ve taken the liberty to create a list of the best study-alternatives for the week. While you’re all still together go have some fun before it’s too late.
From photos with Santa, to holiday festivals, to an old-fashioned night out we’ve got you covered. Prolong the inevitable FOMO of winter break by making some new stories to tell your friends.
Side note, if you like what you see join our weekly newsletter. It’ll make you smarter, cooler, and, possibly, sexier.
- Selfies with Santa: Nobody said you have to be a kid for a photo-op with Santa. Get your likes up with the best throwback holiday photo you could ask for. -> more info
- DC Underground Comedy: Since laughter is the best medicine, DC Underground must be writing prescriptions daily. Stop by one of their nightly shows hosted at different bars throughout the City. 21+ Event -> more info
- Lights Display @ DC City Center: Just because it hasn’t snowed doesn’t mean you can’t walk through a winter wonderland. Check out the amazing light and ornament display at DC’s City Center near Chinatown. FREE -> more info
- National Menorah Lighting: Celebrate the first night of Hanukkah like only a Washingtonian can. Munch on some free hot latkes and donuts while watching the lighting of the National Menorah. FREE-> more info
- The National Christmas Tree: Stop by to see the Official Christmas Tree for 2017. Better yet, find out what represents your home at the “America Celebrates” display of handcrafted ornaments surrounding the tree. FREE -> more info
- Snow Day Bar Crawl: If you missed SantaCon last weekend this is the next best thing. It may not be a snow day, but you can party like it is. Santa suit optional (but encouraged). 21+ Event -> more info
- Ice Skate the Sculpture Garden: Ice skating is the quintessential winter activity that does not need snow. Add in a quintessential DC location and you have the perfect DC winter activity. -> more info
- NOMA Winterfest: A maker’s market with winter crafts, a beer garden to warm you up, and a tree lot located on site. If this doesn’t scream “I’m making holiday memories with my friends” nothing will. FREE -> more info
- Happy Hours, not Happy Hour: Because why would you want only 60 minutes to be happy? Stop by some of DC’s favorite Happy Hours broken down by neighborhood. 21+ Event -> more info
- Downtown Holiday Market: DC’s annual Holiday Market featuring hand-crafted gifts from local craftsmen. A perfect place to pick up something for your Secret Santa or your Mom – we won’t judge. -> more info
- The Utopian Projects @ The Hirshhorn: During the holidays, we take extra pride in helping those in our community. This brand new multi-media exhibit centers on those values while disseminating a message of tolerance and hope. FREE -> more info
- Season’s Greeting @ The Botanical Garden: Take a Holiday trip around the country without leaving DC. Follow the model trains around the Botanical Garden to get a taste of what the rest of the country is seeing without the airfare. FREE –> more info
- Miracle on 7th St: Since everyone loves a themed bar and everyone loves the holidays this place is a win-win. While most of the décor is Christmas themed, there is a Hanukkah themed room giving everybody something to smile about. 21+ Event -> more info