Ahh, Cinco de Mayo. A day to celebrate the heritage and culture of Mexico all while indulging in that which it has given us. Originally only in cities with a large Mexican-American population, Cinco de Mayo has since spread faster than Chipotle. And, DC is hardly immune.
If you wanna’ darty, we got you. If you want rooftop drink specials, we got you. Hell, we even got a Lucha Libre Fight for you. Since Cinco de Mayo is on a Saturday, there’s no reason you can’t hit them all.
While sipping your margaritas make sure to pour some out for the Mexican Army’s 1862 victory in the Battle of Puebla. If they didn’t beat the French that fateful day none of this would be possible. As always, drink responsibly, keep it classy, and have a good time.
DC’s Best Cinco Parties
- Tacos & Tequila Darty @ Barcode – more info
- Drinko de Mayo @ El Centro, D.F. – more info
- Cinco de Rooftop @ Hawthorne U St. – more info
- Cinco de Mayo Sunday Funday @ A-Town Bar & Grill – more info
- $5 Margs All Day @ Acacia Food & Wine – more info
- Silent Disco Dance Fiesta @ The Embassy Row Hotel – more info
- Cinco @ Tico – more info
- Rooftop Fiesta @ Surfside – more info
- Cinco de Mayo Darty @ The Gryphon – more info
- Cinco de Karaoke @ Dogfish Head Alehouse – more info
- The DT Cinco de Mayo Bash @ Don Tito’s – more info
- Lucha Libre Wrestling @ W Washington DC Hotel – more info
- DMV’s Biggest Outdoor Cinco Fiesta @ Pamplona + Bar Bao – more info
- Kentucky Derby de Mayo @ Ragtimes – more info
- A Horse Named Cinco de Mayo @ Service Bar – more info