There is never a shortage of fun things to do in DC.
First of all, March Madness and St. Patrick’s Day colliding set this weekend up to be unforgettable (if you can remember it at all). Then toss in extra daylight from Day Light Saving and you have a recipe built for success. Take full advantage of the longer days by hitting up all of these awesome things to do in DC.
We even decided to focus on activities later in the week so you can properly brace yourself for the epicness.
- Pi-Day: On 3.14 we celebrate pi(e). Not everyone loves math, but everyone loves pie. So stop by one of DC’s top pie destinations and fill up. More Info
- Wine Wednesday meets Taco Tuesday: This genius combination from Taqueria Del Barrio in Petworth has us excited. Every Wednesday stop by and get 2 tacos with a glass of sparkling rosé for just $10. More Info
- Trivia Night @ Wunder Garten: This all-season beer garden in NOMA is stepping up its game! Come show off all that useless knowledge that stuck in your brain instead of those Calc 1 formulas. More Info
- Art Noight! @ Hole in the Sky DC: Collab on cool stuff with cool people in a cool place. That’s the name of game at Art Noight. The best part is beer drinking is encouraged and no art skills are necessary. More Info
- MGMT @ The Anthem: Thursdays are always a great time to pretend. Bring it to a new level with MGMT and The Anthem. Come experience the electric feel in person and boogie your blues away. More Info
- Free Pint Glass Night @ Caboose Brewing: For once you don’t have to steal that awesome pint glass from the bar. Stop by Caboose Brewing, try their beer special, and walk out with that glass legally. More Info
- DC’s Environmental Film Fest: Calling all tree huggers, policy nerds, and film buffs. Catch one of the film festival’s many FREE screenings during its 10-day run. More Info
- TJ Miller @ Alamo Draft House: If you want some laughs this Friday this is where you should be. Best known for Silicon Valley and Deadpool, TJ Miller is guaranteed to make you laugh and possibly pee your pants a bit. More Info
- White Ford Bronco’s St Patty’s Day Bash: Start your weekend off with some green beers and 90s jams. White Ford Bronco is DC’s favorite 90’s cover-band and since their inception in ’08 they have yet to disappoint. More Info
- St Patty’s Eve Party: This is the official St. Patty’s Day Pregame. Stop by Dirty Bar to massive specials a 2-hour open bar for girls, $2 rails for guys, and Dj iNTELL spinning all night. Doors open at 10 pm. More Info
- Hungry Hungry Hippo Human Style: Your favorite childhood game is coming to life at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. Battle against other teams for the honor of being the hungriest hippo. Winners earn a $100 gift card for DC Fray. More Info
- Shamrock Fest 2018: America’s largest St Patty’s Day Celebration is back at it for the 19th year. With a lineup boasting Sum 41, Shaggy, Carbon Leaf, and Reel Big Fish you won’t want to miss this year’s action. More Info
- Extreme Midget Wrestling: We guess Midget Wrestling is more than just something you see movies. If you’re willing to make the trek to Herndon you can see “the World’s smallest wrestlers competing for the title!” More Info
- FREE Shabazz Palaces Concert: If you’re a Digable Planets fan, an avant-garde hip-hop fan, or a live music lover this is not the show to miss. Shabazz Palaces is taking over the Millenium stage for your listening pleasure. More Info
- Kegs & Eggs @ The G.O.A.T.: This is our number one spot to celebrate both March Madness and St Patrick. Enjoy all the games at this Clarendon sports bar. Get here early and find a spot to post up for the day. More Info
- Irish Stroll Bar Crawl: Despite the name, you never want to end up crawling at a bar crawl. With $3 beers, $4 special drinks, and $5 mixed drinks at DC’s biggest St Patty’s day bar crawl we suggest pacing yourself to prevent this. More Info
- Clover Beer Fest: Get the diversity of a bar crawl without all the walking. Clover Beer Fest is taking over The Yards Park. Crush some cold ones with the homies in style this St. Patty’s Day. More Info
- Justin Timberlake @ Capital One Arena: Fresh off Super Bowl LII, Justin Timberlake is still on fire. Help him bring sexy back to DC at Cap-One Arena this Sunday. We can’t think of a better Sunday Funday than this. More Info
- Harlem Globetrotters @ Eagle Bank Arena: Unlike most DC basketball games, the outcome of this one is predictable. The Globetrotters always win, but you never know how. Come for the spectacle but stay for the handles. More Info
- Yoga on Tap @ District Tap House Dupont: Sweat out most of the toxins from the weekend before having another drink. District Tap House in Dupont encourages yogis of all levels to come and enjoy. More Info